Come join the Eau Claire Golf and Country Club staff and know that you have made the right choice for your employment. We are the premier club in the Chippewa Valley and are always looking for exceptional team members. Our goal is excellence through uncompromising service to our members in a caring and respectful manner. Our management mission is to train, coach, know and care for the staff in a manner that will make each associate at Eau Claire Golf and Country Club feel welcome and confident that they are part of a knowledgeable, hospitable and supportive team. Our team provides high levels of service and a warm, welcoming atmosphere to our members. Eau Claire Golf and Country Club offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, IRA, PTO, golf privileges, meal and golf shop discounts, along with generous rewards and recognition programs.
The Eau Claire Golf and Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
If you are interested in working in a beautiful private country club with outstanding service and people, then consider the Eau Claire Golf and Country Club. Please fill out the Employment Application (link here) and if you have a resume, please attach that along with your application and email it to Human Resources by clicking here.
Current Job Openings
Apply to work with our waitstaff. Download the application below.
Established in 1901, Eau Claire Golf & Country Club enjoys a long-standing reputation of possessing one of the finest and most challenging golf courses in the upper Midwest. The 18-hole, par 71 championship course is spread out over 250 acres of mature, wooded terrain, including sweeping hillsides and towering white pines. With the spectacular views overlooking the Chippewa Valley, Eau Claire Golf & Country Club continues to be one of the premier private clubs in western Wisconsin offering its member not only some of the finest golf in the region, but also a long rich history of private club tradition, exquisite fine dining, exceptional accommodations in both pool and tennis facilities, private event spaces, business networking opportunities and so much more.
General Manager – Position Description Summary
The Eau Claire Golf & Country Club is looking for a General Manager with strong leadership, managerial, and communication skills needed to support the daily operations and strategic planning of the country club. The General Manager will be expected to continue the growth of the overall membership, redevelop the tradition of excellent customer service experiences, lead and develop the staff involved in club operations, and manage the annual financials and budget for the club.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Continue the growth of the overall membership.
- Develop aggressive sales, marketing, and net revenue plans and direct successful implementation.
- Responsible for revenue growth strategies that include, but are not limited to net dues growth, event revenue, green/guest fees, and joining fees.
- Recruit, with the assistance of the Membership Committee, new members, additional banquet sales, and outside golf events.
- Redevelop the tradition of excellent customer service experiences.
- Maintain exceptional member relations by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, and maintenance.
- Lead and develop the staff involved in club operations.
- Motivate staff to achieve goals by conducting timely and productive staff meetings.
- Manage the annual financials and budget for the club.
- Develop annual business and financial plans for club.
- Actively market club memberships, member services, and club facilities to attract new members and achieve revenue objectives.
- Monitor member attrition and develop action plans to curtail member attrition and maintain it at the lowest possible level.
- Ensure appropriate fee structures are in place and that the highest standards for golf services and programs, golf course and practice area, food and beverage, tennis, swimming, recreation, entertainment and other club services are exercised.
- Ensure follow up on serious member complaints and concerns quickly and effectively.
- Actively participate in club events, making use of significant personal contact as a means of gathering feedback.
- Identify opportunities for member events, food and beverage services, golf and recreational facilities that satisfy on-going member needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives.
- Attend all major club functions, committee meetings, board meetings and otherwise be visible to the membership.
- Develop and implement customer service training procedures, best practices, expectations, goals, and measurements of customer service quality.
- Develop, coach, and mentor club staff using performance review systems, cross training, and development planning.
- Recruit, select and develop a qualified staff to understand the relationships between value, member satisfaction and member retention.
- Ensure all club policies and procedures are adhered to and ensure all club staff are accountable for compliance of these policies and procedures.
- Maintain an active and positive work environment for all staff.
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio.
- Complete all required financial and administrative reporting/audits accurately and on time.
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio and check book monitoring of operating expenses.
- Regularly report on the financial status of the club to the Board of Directors.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in club management or related field.
Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration, or related field.
Excellent organizational, analytical, and communications skills.
Previous food and beverage management experience is preferred.
Previous sales experience is preferred.
To apply, please submit the following via email to the President of the Eau Claire Golf & Country Club Board of Directors, Kent Gerberich at email@example.com:
Name and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to Kent Gerberich via email as well.
To ensure consideration, applicant information must be received via email by December 14, 2018. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The Eau Claire Golf & Country Club reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Job Type = Full-Time
Salary = $70,000-$90,000 + Bonus Incentives